Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Indoor Camping

From the moment I entered blogville, I have had one envy above all other envies.  Mr B (from Two Pitties fame) and his TeePee.  It is seriously the coolest crate/dog bed alternative I have ever seen and I soooo wanted one for our house.  Or two.  Or three.

But as I drooled more and more over his fantastic TeePee, I realized that we had our own version sitting in our shed, yet to be used.  As a wedding present, we were given a dog tent.  With just the two, they always slept in our tent with us so, while we had the best of intentions to put it to use, it never made the cut as we packed up the car for our camping trips.

Ideas were starting to formulate.  A tent in the house perhaps?  A place to corral the myriad of dog blankets that end up strewn all over the den floor?  Do we have the space for it?  Would it look stupid or cool?  Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and just put the dang thing up.  And I love it! 


It fits perfectly in a corner of our den.  And most importantly, Princess Sadie approves of indoor camping.  Now only to do something 'bout that horrible mess of electronics wiring...



 

11 comments:

  1. Very cool idea! I wish I had space for one. Sadie looks so cozy in there. Nothing better than having your own den in the den.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also always wanted a TeePee of my own! We had to settle for a man cave under the coffee table- not nearly as cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Looks like a safe and comfy place to cuddle up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I've always been jealous of Mr. B's TeePee, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    We all love our own space!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forever ago we had a child size tent with an attached tunnel that the smaller foster dogs loved, but unfortunately the bigger foster dogs ripped it to shreds. Hope you have better luck with your tent:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! we have the same kiddie tent with tunnel thing that pauley has, and we can't even get desmond to go in it out in the yard, so i bet he'd be a major Tent Fail in the house as well. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool! Indoor camping is the way to go, especially with all the rain (finally).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had something similar a long time back, but it was a portable dog crate.

    We have one big crate up for the dogs but neither one of them usually use it. I save it for those special times when Delilah needs to be contained. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how I managed to miss this the first time around...but how cool is that! Does she use it to hide from the other pooches? Or do they all ever go in together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, we've only caught two of them in there at a time. Hurley did his best to destroy the tent a few times but it's still kicking and Sadie loves to run in her tent whenever we are doing any training. I rewarded her for a "go lay down" ONCE during a training session and ever since then, it's one of the behaviors she regularly offers up. Adorabull!

      Delete