Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Seeking a Very Special Forever Home

A big shout-out to Rescued Insanity for posting about various adoption-related interweb happenings this week and introducing me to Pup Love.  This online pet blogging community is amazing and inspires me with their commitment to both their own pets and rescue animals. 

Even though I'm crazy busy this week with the new business (today commences the painting project of a lifetime - I'm pretty sure I will swear off all painting for the rest of my life after finishing up the store), Pup Love's mission to get all of us pet bloggers to post at least one adoptable dog this week is a cause that I had to take the time to participate in.

This is Alyssa.  You may recall her from my last post about the rescue intake at OFOSA.  She was the one with the deformed paw that I absolutely fell in love with but didn't get any pictures because I was just too busy lovin' on her. 

Even though she's just a little baby, this girl has some serious obstacles to surmount in finding her forever home.  First, she is a GORGEOUS silver-blue pittie.  Just look at how adorable she is - how can anyone not fall in love???  While I see her breed as a big plus, it does prevent most families from considering her for adoption so that's obstacle #1.  The second obstacle is that she has a deformed paw.  I spoke briefly with OFOSA's chief medical guru and, while Alyssa is too young for us to know for sure how her handicap will affect her mobility, there are essentially two paths she may have to take.  The first is that her paw will, though not functional, not be painful and she will be able to live with it comfortably her entire life.  The second possible path is that as she grows, it may become painful and limit her mobility, in which case, it would need to be amputated.  This is a HUGE obstacle to her adoption - it will take one very special family to give her a forever home.  My hope is that through Pup Love's Week-long Rescue Blog Hop, we can get this sweet girl some exposure and maybe, just maybe, that perfect family will see her.  If interested, please contact OFOSA at 503-747-7818. 

Please take a moment to stop on by Pup Love's blog hop and check out all the adoptable dogs!

4 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful, and I am so glad you highlighted her. I'm guessing she is a result of poor backyard breeding? It is so hard when they have so much stacked against them, but sometimes it just takes the right person. We're hoping she does find that person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love her.

    Thank you so much for taking part in the hop, I really hope it helps make a difference for some of these sweet dogs waiting for homes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! She's going to be a Skye look alike when she's older! We're crossing our paws that she finds a wonderful family. Thanks for stopping by our blog earlier, the pups love the company!

    http://parkerskye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet little lady! why aren't there more people who think that differently-abled dogs are even better than standardly-abled ones? i hope this sweetie gets adopted by a family who sees how special she is . . .

    ReplyDelete